HOW TO MAKE ROASTED GLAZED CARROTS
Here are the three simple steps for this awesome recipe.
- Prep the carrots. Peel the carrots and chop them into evenly sized-chunks.
- Toss the carrots. Coat the carrots with the glaze ingredients.
- Roast the carrots. Spread across a sheet pan and let the oven do all the work!
prep time: 5 mins
cook time: 20 mins
total time: 25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped parsley & thyme
- Preheat your oven to 425F/220C. Then, cut the carrots on a diagonal, about 1″-1.5″ in length. If your carrots are large and thick, you can slice them in half as well.
In a mixing bowl, toss the sliced carrots with the honey, garlic, butter, oil, and spices.
Pour the carrots and glaze onto a sheet pan and spread them out.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through. You can also broil for 2-3 minutes, to get caramelization on the edges. Transfer carrots to a serving dish and garnish with chopped herbs.
- To Freeze: Use a freezer-safe bag or container and store for up to 3 months.
- For Reheating: Simply reheat in the microwave until the carrots are warmed through.
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE HONEY GLAZE
- Honey: You can use clover, wildflower, or any variety of honey you like.
- Garlic: A little bit of minced garlic perfectly balances the sweetness.
- Butter: Helps to give carrots that glossy finish and rich flavor.
- Olive oil: Just a little bit helps to prevent the butter from burning.
- Ground spices: I love ginger and cinnamon which play nicely with the carrots’ sweetness.
- Fresh herbs: before serving spread the herbs